European Funding for Nature Conservation
25-26 April 2007, Warsaw, Poland
The European Community funding for the period 2007-2013 is now almost in place. It is clear that we increasingly need to look wider to secure enough funds for managing our nature reserves and Natura 2000 sites. For example, the anticipated new funds for Structural and Rural Development, Cohesion and Fishery, provide great opportunities for funding and for integration with wider land use planning.
Natura 2000 is the cornerstone of the European Union's pursuit to halt biodiversity loss in Europe by 2010. Following the designation of Natura 2000 sites, Member States are now entering the next stage of protection, management and restoration of sites: formulating management plans, which will have major financial implications. The availability of funding is a major challenge and will be critical to the success of managing Natura 2000 sites.
If you consider applying for European funding but are not sure how and where to apply, this workshop is the best opportunity for you to learn about:
1. The European Funding Landscape for Nature Conservation
2. Nature Conservation and Practical Financing
- How the Community funds for the period 2007-2013 can be used to support the Natura 2000 network;
- The conditions attached to the various funding sources (Life+, Interreg, Leader+, Urban etc);
- Developing integrated approaches/ working with multiple stakeholders (also outside conservation) to access funding.
- How to develop a successful project proposal using a number of funding and project management tools;
- Co-financing for projects;
- Effective management planning (process), transparency and accountability.
Please contact Daniel Piec for more information.
- The venue: Kampinoski National Park (KPN) is located at the western edge of Warsaw.
- Accommodation: Participants will be provided with description and prices for different types of accommodation available.
- Transport between hotels and the venue will be provided.
- Language: the language of the workshop will be English
Background information and programme [pdf, 1.5M]
|Registered office: 40 High Street, Gretton, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 3DE, United Kingdom
Registered Charity in England No. 1117636; Registered Limited Company by Guaranty in England No. 5966282